Touge Session

Cruise - Belize/Cozumel (Part 3)

Next stop was Belize.  However I didn't bring my camera this day because I was unsure if I would be able to leave it somewhere while I was getting in the water.  We went on a cave tubing adventure here.  If you have ever been into a cave with all the cool formations in it picture that, with water all in it.  We venture down into a dark cave with helmets lights on, grab a tube, and hop in.  It was rather exhilarating at first. You are a little creeped out but the water is clear so it isn't bad.  A guide pulls you along for about a 1/4 mile to where you get out and walk around.  There were ancient mayan ruins throughout the cave as they said it was a place where sacrifices and rituals were performed.  after trekking about for a little while you get back into the tube and head back.  There becomes a point where you get out to walk over this large rock.  At that point the tour guide said if we were feeling adventurous we could swim back.  My brother and I were the only ones who opted for that route.  He shined his light into the water and said go ahead, its about 50ft deep.. Reluctantly we jumped in and began swimming in the rather frigid water.  As we got close to the end there was a small crevice in the wall.  The guide said "if you guys go into that hole it comes out about 10 feet down along, go for it it's really cool!" I convinced him to give me his flashlight because I wasn't swimming through this black hole lol.. He gave it to me and I went in, followed by my brother.  We got inside and turned the light off, you look down and the water is bright blue from the small amount of sunlight hitting the water outside, it was amazing.  I quickly turned the light on and swam out haha.  It was an awesome experience.  After doing that we had authentic balizean cuisine and beers.  We chilled out for about an hour and then got back on the long bus ride back to the ship.  It was a pretty cool adventure.

Next stop was Cozumel where Jordan and I rented scooters and explore the island at our pace.  Cozumel basically has one large road that goes around the outside of the island and then leads through downtown so we followed that route.  We did get outside of the tourist area and stopped at a small coffee shop, it was really nice and the waiter was friendly.  I got to finally use wifi there so that was nice.  After we got back close to the ship we stopped at a few of the tourist spots and bought some souvenirs.  I bought a mask to go on the wall with the mask I bought in Thailand, it's Mayan style so the contrast is cool.


Getting ripped off by not knowing the exchange rate at the time lol





Pulled up by a lighthouse and they had this neat little structure.








Comments

  1. Great photos. Cozumel sure has many amazing places to take. Underwater tours on the clear waters there also let you come in contact with nature like only a few places on Earth.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment